I recieved an insane amount of email all day in regards to the memo that I
The two comments I would like to make are:
1.thanks for all the feedback both positive and negative, I am glad so many
people found this to be useful information
2.the last people I want to make enemies with are fellow solaris unix
administrators, to anyone I offended I am sorry
Here is the list for anyone who did not get it due to format....alot of
people requested it, so many that I felt I had to republish it, some people
noted they do not have access to star office.....so here it is...
DBA Mailing Lists
SYBASE-L@LISTSERV.UCSB.EDU, with the single line in the
body of the note: SUBSCRIBE SYBASE-L firstname lastname
· Miscellaneous Sybase lists...some traffic. Tech reports the best.
subscribed: inews-sybase-press, inews-system11, inews-datawarehouse,
**inews-technews-full is Sybase tech notes...very good.
body of "unsubscribe inews-system11 <email@example.com>
firstname.lastname@example.org with the word "REMOVE" in the subject line.
· Sybase 11 tuning via sp_sysmon: DEAD...pablo killed list
subject: subscribe sybase-tuning emailaddr
· Sqsh users email list: moved locations to onelist.com
old: email@example.com (external was misspelled in FAQ)
old: body: subscribe sqsh-users [optional e-mail address]
· Trade system admin list
subscribe" in the body to: firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com for submissions
firstname.lastname@example.org for subscription requests, with
subscribe sybperl-l in the body of the message.
· Sybperl new releases/bug fixes only: low traffic, moderated by
Michael peppler (author/maintaner)
email@example.com for submissions
firstname.lastname@example.org for subscription requests.
This is be a very low traffic list to keep you up-to-date with sybase
related tools for perl.
· Sybase over Linux
To subscribe just point your browser to
· Sybase-Linux (same list?)
email@example.com with the content
subscribe sybase-linux firstname.lastname@example.org
· Oracle-L: Oracle DBA stuff
LISTSERV@KBS.NEY: body of
with subscribe oracledba
in the body of the mail.
The command is SUBSCRIBE PB-L FirstName LastName
· Another powerbuilder list
To subscibe send a blank e-mail to email@example.com
· Business Objects: pseudo-moderated : Very detailed questions
BUSOB-L at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Informix sysadmin list:
· RedHat admin list (axp-list)
send "subscribe" to email@example.com
· Microsoft SQL Server (very active; >100 msgs/day)
avail through www.swynk.com
· MySQL admin list: busy busy list
firstname.lastname@example.org, no subject, body of subscribe mysql
· Delphi list
Mail Address: DELPHI-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR
· Microsoft Access admin
send subscribe MS-ACCESS-L as
the body of the message to: email@example.com
· Kimball University (was at Virtualogic..)
firstname.lastname@example.org hand run list
Network Security Lists
· HP Security list (ad-hoc...once ro twice/month)
body of "Subscribe security_info"
· Sun security alert (Mark Graff's list)
(subject; subscribe CWS emailaddr, body affiliation and contact info)
(not email s/w...processed by hand)
· Computer Incident Advisory Capability: CIAC-BULLETIN, CIAC-NOTES
· Cert Advisories: also on comp.security.announce
(i think they all get bounced to bugtraq anyway)
· Bugtraq: security information.
body of "SIGNOFF BUGTRAQ"
· email@example.com (various security announcements)
body: subscribe alert (no subject)
· Virus alert
firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject and body enter Subscribe
· Best of Security mailing list: gets a lot of duplicates of other
security lists...in fact all it is is duplicates!
email@example.com, body of subscribe best-of-security
· CAUCE; Coalition against Unsolicited Commercial Email (anti-Spam)
· Firewall Tool Kit: firstname.lastname@example.org "subscribe fwtk-users" in the body
· HERT: http://www.hert.org or email@example.com
· NT Bugtraq
Listserv@rc.on.ca with "SUB NTBUGTRAQ Your Name".
(bugtraq, vuln-dev & other security lists)
· NT Security
request-ntsecurity.iss.net and in the text put "subscribe ntsecurity".
· Sans Security digest
`subscribe' to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
· SUN Patch Club Report: SunSolve-EarlyNotifiers@sun.com
· SunSolve Early Notifier Alerts: SunSolve-EarlyNotifiers@Sun.com
· Tripwire admin www.tripwiresecurity.com.
Traditional Sys Admin Lists
· The AIX mailing list is located at: LISTSERV@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU
To subscribe send a message with the following as the body: SUBSCRIBE AIX-L
<First Name> <Last Name>
To get information on the commands available send an email containing: INFO
REFCARD to the list server.
Look at the mailing lists at www.egroups.com - several related to unix,
· email@example.com dedicated to Solaris x86.
· Sun managers (lots of email, all through day); had to resubscribe
firstname.lastname@example.org with body of
"subscribe sun-managers" or "unsubscribe sun-managers".
· Another list for sun is email@example.com.
· The HP equivalent of Sun Managers
the HP UX equivalent to the Sun Managers list at: firstname.lastname@example.org
FTP server ftp://ftp.cv.ruu.nl:/pub/digests/hpux-admin
searchable archive at http://hpux.ced.tudelft.nl/HPUX_ADMIN_ARCHIVE
· other HP resources:
send a mail to email@example.com with "subscribe hpux-admin" in the body
http://www.dutchworks.nl/htbin/hpsysadmin (Web, browse & search)
Try the unix-wiz listserv. It's not dedicated to HP only but it's a good one
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:14:07 CDT