Thanks to everybody who answer. To many to list. This problem can be
1) You ran out of i-nodes.
2) The free space is below 10% of the total partition size. The file system
reserve a 10% of the disk capacity. This space is not available for users.
You can change this value either by using tunefs -m n file-system where n
is the new value, or newfs -m n raw-device if you create a new file system.
Deleting or moving some files to another partition should help. Some times
you need to kill an open process on the file system. In this case you should
user fuser or lsof.
After I kill the httpd (Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0) df starts to work
normally and reported the correct value. This is a little bit strange for
me because when i checked it in first time i ran the system in single user
mode, and even start the system from CD. Right now there is about 300MB of
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:14:05 CDT