Thanks to all including (please forgive me if I miss anyone): Richard Smith,
Jason Marshall, Aravind.Mallipudi,
Robert Hayne, Dave Foster, Matthew Atkinson, Nikolai P. Iordanov, Gerhard
To enable CDE running on 2 monitors (one of the 2 video adapters is TCX
card; and Sparc 4 running Solaris 2.6)
1. Install the additional hardware(ie: frame buffer) and do a
2. TCX card does not work in this situation; refer to SunSolve 's doc
* halt system so that it is at boot prom
* <ok> setenv output-device /iommu/sbus/SUNW,tcx@2,800000
* <ok> reset
3. Created a dir tree /etc/dt/config and copy /usr/dt/config/Xservers into
it. Then alter the Xservers file at the end to give you the 2 screens.
There are examples in the file itself for syntax.
Uncomment out line: : ' 0 Local local_uid@console
<mailto:local_uid@console> root /usr/openwin/bin/X -dev /dev/fb0 -dev
And comment out line:
' :0 Local local_uid@console <mailto:local_uid@console>
root /usr/openwin/bin/Xsun :0 nobanner'
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:13:21 CDT