Thank you all for responding to my question as to whether or not
Firewall-1 (3.0) will work under Solaris 2.6. Here's a summary of what
- There are two version of Firewall-1 version 3.0. The version 3.0a will
NOT work on Solaris 2.6, and the version 3.0b will.
- If you install 3.0a on Solaris 2.6, it will crash your system and
make your system disk unbootable. To fix this, you have to prevent the
firewall driver from being loaded at boot up, so you need to do the
- boot cdrom -s
- mount the root file system (e.g. mount it on /mnt)
- remove the line that contains "fw" from the /mnt/etc/name_to_major
- reboot the system.
- If you only have the 3.0a version. There are a bunch of patches that you
can install to upgrade you to 3.0b.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:12:31 CDT