Thanks for all the replies.
Most people pointed out that the main issue here is the attachment of
second keyboard/mouse. Good point and it most certainly is the crux of
an "X-term card" which is a FB with extra mouse/kb connector.
For those of you that are interested, I have refs at :
* http://www.bsn.com/Support/Deals/Megatek.html (thx Edward C.
* Workstation Express catalog (vol. 12.0); only voice
phone listed is 1-800-844-5757, but there's a "normal" FAX number:
1-732-905-5708. The product is listed on p. 32; it's the "ESPRIX
Graphics Accelerator w/Keyboard Port (thx David Wolfskill)
* http://www.techsource.com (thx John DiMarco)
* Graphics Computer Systems web site under construction -
Note that James Hsieh suggests caution about the use of these in terms
of support & reliability.
Main alternatives were :
* Cheap old SPARC used with the Remote Login feature of CDE
These remain possibilities but my main motivation for dual heads was
that I can source the hardware (at least monitor, kb etc) very cheaply.
Thanks to :
Edward C. Zimmermann
Joseph S D Yao
Cheryl L. Southard
National Australia Bank, Midrange Services
1/216 Victoria Pde ph : +61 3 9208 5794
E Melbourne, Victoria fax : +61 3 9208 5023
Australia 3150 email : email@example.com
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:12:30 CDT