Some time ago, I posted a question about a bunch of UUCP problems I
was having. My summary was that I got no responses and had to use
some (not too elegant) workarounds.
Well, I found some more problems since then, one of which I couldn't
work around - uuxqt can only read so many characters as part of a
command [to execute on behalf of a remote system]. So a command
like "rmail firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com [...]" with many recipients would
fail. This is in Solaris 2.6, BTW.
The solution was to install GNU (Taylor) UUCP. Things work quite well
now, and I have even been able to tweak things to work well with qmail.
-- ~frank * Yoda of Borg I am. Futile resistance is. Assimilated you will be. * * PGP ID: C001AA75 -|- firstname.lastname@example.org *
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:12:29 CDT