Hi, I would like to thank to
Cruz Araceli Carrizosa
for their answers.
The problem was easy to solve. I checked the scsi ids in the back of the
device and I noticed that they weren't right then I corrected the position,
and the filesystem loaded ok. I think I moved the switch when I turned on
the disk. Well, it could have been another problem, and I think that what
people above adviced me could be useful, then here a summary of that goes:
- Check cabling and scsi ids in the scsi controllers
- Try to mount the device in another directory (as a test)
- Check using format:
- If the number of disks that appears is the same that you have connected.
- If the number of cylinders, the beginnig and the end of the cylinders
- Check the scsi id settings
- Use probe-scsi at the new-command-mode (ok prompt) to see if the scsi ids
appear and if there is no one conflicting with another.
- Check the kernel.
Antonio Rene Hernandez Cordero
Centro de Estudios en Informatica y Estadistica
Universidad del Valle de Guatemala
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:11:56 CDT