Just to let you know about a hidden bug that affects licenses.
After running the X.25 9.0 install proceedure to upgrade my X.25 8.0.2, I
found that our DEBUGGER couldn't find a license. I had also installed patch
103068, but that should not be part of the problem.
The solution was to get the older /etc/opt/licenses/licenses_combined.BAK
(thanks sun), and diff it with licenses_combined.
I found that 2 lines that had started with the word DAEMON had become one.
DAEMON suntechd /etc/opt/licenses/suntechd /etc/opt/licenses/daemon_options
DAEMON lic.SUNW /etc/opt/licenses/lic.SUNW
DAEMON lic.SUNW /etc/opt/licenses/lic.SUNW /etc/opt/licenses/daemon_options
I simply cut out the new line, and replaced it with the older two lines.
Then I killed the lmgrd.ste task.
Then I restarted it with /etc/rc2.d/S85lmgrd
Hope this saves someone a few hours.
. Alan Hill in Montreal, Canada SUN&cisco&networking stuff .
` LanSer, for Wireless Financial Transactions, www.LanSer.net '
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:11:16 CDT