> I am trying to get a feel for ROSS's hyperSPARC chips. We may me getting
> a evaluation of the 133MHz hyperSPARC chip in a 670MP running SunOS 4.1.3.
> And I would like to find out if anyone has any comments on it, has it
> increased performance, etc...
First thanks for all replied replied:
email@example.com (Michael Thompson)
- ROSS's hyperSPARC chip will work on Solaris 1.1 (SunOS 4.1.3) with a ROSS patch.
- The improved speed increase with SS20 model 61 with the 150Mhz (512Kb cache)
module can be twice as much.
- There may be a down fall installing the chip on a RDBMS machine, since the
chip has only 512KB cache over the 1MB of the SuperSPARC, but on the other
hand performace increase can be great with floating point work.
- I will be going ahead with the evaluation and I will summaries my results
when it is over.
- Also, the UK dealer which I am dealing with is:
London W4 4DH
tel: 0181 987 9922
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:11:01 CDT