Sorry this took so long but you know how it is...
The consensus is that
1. DHCP server s/w does NOTcome with Solaris 2.x
2. DHCP server s/w DOES come with Solstice PC/Admin
3. There are free packages out there
4. There are commercial ( for sale) packages out there
SolarNET pcnfs was mentioned as one.
5. The cheapest solution is SAMBA
6. The best product is at http://www.fugue.com/dhcp/
No one had any helpful hints on doing this, except for one person who pointed me
FAQ at http://web.syr.edu/~jmwobus/comfaqs/dhcp.faq.html
We haven't made a decision yet, but since we are such a "mixed" shop, (Suns,
HPs, PCs, Macs and DECs) it looks like we will probably go with a PC running
Windows/NT since it comes with a DHCP package.
Thanks to the following for taking time to answer :
My original question:
> Does Solaris 2.x come with a DHCP server package?
> And if not (or even if it does!) what is the best DHCP package out there to
> on a Sun?
> Would anyone have any experiences to share that would make our attempts to set
> one up easier?
Thanks again -
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:11:01 CDT