Thank you very much for your answers.
You'll have to excuse my ignorance that I didn't mention
my machine is a Solaris II (you will also have to excuse my English too !)
Anyway, the solution was simple. I only had to edit the nsswitch.conf
(the nsswitch.conf for dns not the generic one) and replace the
entry: "hosts files" with: "hosts dns files". I restarted the named daemon
and everything worked just fine. Maybe my question was stupid, but after
all the time I lost for that simple thing i wonder: Why should I Buy
next time a Sun machine ..when for my Sun I'm trying 2 days to make named run properly
and for An Alpha workstation it took me no more than half an hour
to setup everything. Anyway I still keep wondering .....
I would like to thank everyone. Thank you for your help:
Chris A. Stewart
Alin H. Runde
Rusty Atkins L.
Michael J. Convington
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:10:27 CDT