After some investigation, and a few helpful hints and RTFM's I was able
to get a mostly working XDM environment running under Solaris 2.1. This
should work for other SVR4 releases as well.
What I did was take the sessreg program from the xdm client in the MIT
X11R5 distribution and modified it to set the utmpx/wtmpx entries correctly.
The diffs aren't too bad. Only sessreg.c was modified. I haven't the
patience or inclination to try to figure out how the bloody Imakefile
for it is supposed to work, so I made another makefile. If anyone is
interested, I'll post some hints or put the diffs up for anonymous ftp.
--- Richard Elling Manager of Network Support Auburn University Engineering Administration firstname.lastname@example.org kb4hb.ampr.org (205)844-2280
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:07:32 CDT