>From email@example.com Thu Jul 30 08:21:08 1992
You can get an archive of past Q&A for sun-managers from
ftp.cs.toronto.edu (184.108.40.206) in the directory
lists is a file called sun-managers. Its is about 8.5 Megs.
>From firstname.lastname@example.org Thu Jul 30 08:24:46 1992
I believe that our beloved mailing list administrator keeps an FTP
archive somewhere at eecs.nwu.edu, but this is probably what you were
looking for. (Full message minus some header stuff.)
> From: email@example.com (Daniel Len Schales)
> a gopher server running which has archives of the sun-managers
> SUMMARIES *only* (to reduce noise :) ). It is updated as the
> The archive runs from August 1991 to the present. Entry points
> to other WAIS type sources are also available.
> The archive is located at:
> aurora.latech.edu (port 70 the gopher port)
> Archives/Sun Managers
> Gopher client software for a variety of platforms is available
> from boombox.micro.umn.edu in /pub/gopher
>From firstname.lastname@example.org.EDU Thu Jul 30 12:05:28 1992
I don't know if this is the one you mean, but I did post such a summary a
---- To: email@example.com Subject: SUMMARY: sun-managers archives
About 10 days ago, I posted a second inquiry as to what had happened to the sun-managers archives, since the FAQ said they were on eecs.nwu.edu but I could not find them there. It was evident from the number of replies received, that my first query on this subject had not been completely distributed.
Here were the responses (some multiple responses combined into one):
(1) Use archie. The keyword "sun-managers" results in a number of sites around the world which have archived it.
(2) firstname.lastname@example.org (Kevin W. Thomas) has a sun-managers archive dating from Dec. 1 89.
(3) email@example.com (Ray Smith) has most of sun-managers (along with other sun-related groups) for the past 4 years. E-mail him if interested (he's not on the internet).
(4) Terry Rosenbaum <firstname.lastname@example.org> offered a WAIS source record for sun-spots and sun-managers: (:source :version 3 :ip-name "cmns.think.com" :tcp-port 210 :database-name "SNSP SNMN" :cost 0 :cost-unit free :maintainer "email@example.com" :description "Connection Machine WAIS server. Operated between 9AM and 9PM EST. Sun-Spots Digest and Sun-Managers mailing list. ")
(5) A party who did not want it reported in public, keeps sun-managers archives since 1989 on a machine in Canada. E-mail me if you want this location.
(6) mikulska@de.UCSD.EDU (Margaret Mikulska) has sun-managers archives since early 1990.
(7) firstname.lastname@example.org (Anthony Yen) has sun-managers archives since may 91.
(8) david@srv.PacBell.COM (David St. Pierre) has sun-managers archives going back over a year.
(9) email@example.com (Daniel Len Schales) has sun-managers stuff since Aug. 1991 available thru the Gopher system.
(10) firstname.lastname@example.org (Gerald Justice) has sun-managers archives going back about 2 years.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:06:46 CDT