> Hello everyone,
> We are looking at purchasing a 24bit colour board for an Opus SS2 clone
> and would like to know what is around, recommendations, sources etc.
> Many thanks,
This seems to be it:
VITec RasterFLEX(TM) accelerators expand the power of your Sun SPARCstation
for true-color applications. RasterFLEX accelerators are plug-and-play;
application programs using NeWS, X11, or SunView can be run without
Features of the RasterFLEX accelerator cards include:
- SIMULTANEOUS 8-bit PseudoColor and 24-bit TrueColor windows
- Fast 32-bit windowing environment
- 4- or 8-bit non-destructive GRAPHIC OVERLAY capability
- Accelerated windowing functions, raster operations, and I/O
- Software environment includes X Window System (X11R4) or
OpenWindows 3.0, and SunView (8-bit only).
- Optimized versions of OpenWindows 3.0 and X Window System (X11R4)
- Two full 8:24 or 24:24 lookup tables plus 4-bit overlay table.
- LUT bypass capability for 8-bit StaticGray or 24-bit TrueColor
windows (use no hardware lookup table space)
- Supported Hosts: SPARCstation 1/1+, SPARCstation IPC,
SPARCstation 2, SPARCstation IPX
- Requires SunOS 4.1 or later
The RasterFLEX-32 is a SINGLE SLOT SBus card (dimensions 3.3" x 5.776")
and offers a choice of video formats: 1152x900 or 1024x1024.
The RasterFLEX-HR (High Resolution) is a double slot SBus card (dimensions
6.7" x 5.776") supporting 1280x1024 video resolution.
The RasterFLEX-32 lists for $3,995, and the RasterFLEX-HR lists for $5,895.
Discounts for VARs, ISVs, and educational institutions are available;
volume discounts are available as well.
It remains to be seen if we will actually use this card.
-- _ _ / /_) / / / / / Chris Mackerell <firstname.lastname@example.org> [a/h email@example.com] / /_) / /_ / /_ / Ph: +64 (4) 801-6716 Fax: +64 (4) 385-2752 Business Computers Ltd, Box 3236, Wellington 6000, NEW ZEALAND.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:06:36 CDT