The procedure to duplicate the sparcstations is as follows:
(1) install one SS1 as source machine.
(2.1) bring up target machine as diskless client.
(2.2) move the target disk to the source machine as a 2nd disk.
(3) (option) format the target drive
(4) (option) partition the target drive
(5) newfs each file system
(6) copy source file system to target drive:
mount target file system to /mnt, dump/restore the souce/target
or use 'dd'.
(7) mount the target file system to make necessary changes.
Thanks to all of you who give me the hints.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:05:55 CDT